Learning Support Provision at BIS
Our learning support team aims to provide help and guidance to students who:
- are struggling to access the demands of a curriculum offer
- have been diagnosed with learning needs (dyslexia, dyspraxia etc)
- experience anxiety and stress as they approach exam season
- are gifted learners not attaining their full potential.
They will support and guide parents and guardians in:
- helping and nurturing the adoption and growth of their childâ€™s positive learning behaviours
- working with their child in developing revision and study timetables and plans
- choosing the best programme of KS4 study for their child.
This support will be offered as:
- in-class support, working in partnership with the teacher
- 1 to 1 directed support, focussing on specific needs
- after school study and enhancement groups
Access for students with restricted mobility
The campus is designed for ease of access for students with restricted mobility. Widened access, ramps and room timetabling ensures that the campus does not limit the studentsâ€™ breadth of curriculum.