Boarding provides a key mix of comfortable and safe ‚Äúhome from home accommodation‚ÄĚ, opportunities to broaden their co-curricular experiences, an extension of the academic school day and social development.
BIS provides a range of boarding options:
- full boarding
- flexible boarding with Sunday evening to Friday afternoon in the boarding house
and weekends with families at home
- personalised boarding arrangements for short stay periods when families need
this support (dependent on bed availability).
We also offer a secure and supervised airport to/from school transfer service.
We guarantee a staff to student ratio of under 1:10, with each boarder allocated a personal tutor. Each house has a Senior House Parent and a team of Assistant House Parents. There are 3 qualified nurses within the Assistant House Parent team who provide 24 hour nursing care, which is supported by a direct link to a hospital. The Head of Boarding is responsible for the day to day co-ordination of the boarders, the staff and their houses.
In addition to the Monday to Friday co-curricular programme in the school, there is a weekend activity programme that includes sport, excursions, motivating lectures and debates, skill development, social occasions and a range of other activities. Food is a big part of living away from home and our catering team offer both Nigerian and continental meals on the menu. All meals are provided in Jarusato on the main school campus.
The ‚ÄėBoarder Voice‚Äô is an important part of being heard on how to improve the boarding experience. Food, accommodation, activities, bathrooms are all evaluated regularly with issues being addressed promptly by the school.
As a member of the UK‚Äôs Boarding Schools‚Äô Association and of COBIS, we provide an international standard of pastoral care.
The boarding houses at BIS provide a homely environment and atmosphere for our boarders.
Each house comprises:
- Small personalised bedrooms with a maximum of four boarders per room.
- Sixth formers will have a maximum of two per room with the school aiming.to provide individual bedrooms.
- A dedicated study and prep room.
- Access to a range of recreational facilities.
- Air-conditioning in all rooms.
- Modern shower and toilet facilities.
- Daily access to direct contact with their families.
- Smoke alarms, fire alarms, fire blankets, fire hoses and a fire exit at every level.
- A secure, guarded compound that includes outdoor areas for relaxation and